Do you want to rank your videos in YouTube in 2022? This video SEO guide could help you rank your video to the first page and beyond.
You’re probably familiar with the saying “content is king” right? Well no one knows that better than YouTube who, over the past decade, has become the de facto video sharing site on the planet. This, of course, isn’t an accident. From its humble origins in 2005, YouTube has risen to become a mainstay all online marketers striving for success. No matter what your niche or industry, YouTube has you covered. Of course it’s not just about creating videos that contain specific keywords, it’s also about optimizing your content to rank in 2022 (year-specific).
I want you to take the first steps toward YouTube success. As a result, I’ve separated the guide into three sections:
- Do the Keyword Research
- Optimize Your Videos
- Boost Your Video and Track Your Rankings
First, you need to understand that keywords are the most significant aspect of YouTube SEO. It’s not simple to get to the top of the YouTube search results, but with the appropriate keyword research, you’ll be miles ahead of your competitors.
But first understand what is SEO and why is important
What is YouTube SEO
YouTube SEO is the process of enhancing the visibility of your videos on YouTube. It’s a compilation of the most effective methods for bringing organic traffic to your YouTube channel. So pay attention to YouTube SEO to make it easier for people to find and watch your videos.
YouTube SEO Guide: How to Rank Your Videos on YouTube Quickly
You must create interesting videos to quickly rank your content on YouTube. However, the purpose of this article is not to discuss how to make engaging and informative videos. I’ll instead focus on the technical aspects of YouTube video ranking. So let’s get started
The best way to do the keyword research is by using the platform itself:
- Go to YouTube
- Type any topic in the search bar
- And press the spacebar
That’s all there is to it! YouTube provides subjects in your niche that people are already looking for. However, you won’t receive the information you need to choose a theme for your YouTube channel using this strategy. For that, I recommend using two of the best YouTube keyword research tools:
- Google keyword planner
- Google Trends
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer.
Optimize Your Videos
YouTube SEO is the process of improving your YouTube rankings by optimising your videos and channel. YouTube optimization is concerned with the amount of people who have seen your video and how well it is ranked in a particular category.
YouTube Optimize SEO tips:
- Optimize video descriptions and meta descriptions
- With an SRT file, you can add closed captions to videos.
- Add Cards to promote other relevant videos
- Make natural use of well-researched target keywords.
- Select the category for your video that is most relevant to it.
Include keywords in the following areas to increase your opportunity at ranking for them:
- Call to action
Increase the number of views on your videos and keep track of your rankings.
Don’t just wait now that you’ve done everything you can to gain traction on YouTube. Start letting people know about your videos. And, especially in the start, use a few smart technologies to share them everywhere.
OneSignal: If you have a blog or website, use OneSignal to send a push notification about your new videos.
Email Marketing: Email marketing is massive! If you have a blog or website, start gathering email addresses. After that, distribute the appropriate videos with your mailing list. ConvertKit is an excellent tool for getting started with email marketing.
Telegram Channel: Create a Telegram channel and begin communicating with your followers. And you may share your videos there before they’re made public on YouTube.
Quora and Reddit: Use Quora and Reddit to share your videos, but don’t spam! On these networks, add value to the audience and distribute your videos if they are relevant.
FindAForum: It’s a great place to look for a forum that’s relevant to your niche. After you’ve chosen the right one, share your footage.
TubeBuddy: TubeBuddy allows you to track the performance of your YouTube videos. It’s a premium tool with a price tag of a few dollars. It is, nonetheless, worthwhile.
YouTube SEO Tips to Help You Expand Your Channel
YouTube’s success is not easy because it’s a long game.To stay relevant on YouTube, you must consistently produce high-quality videos. These tips will help you in publicising and optimising your videos.
- Create more videos for your channel that are already performing well.
- Choose Google-friendly keywords.
- Complete the profile and metadata for your YouTube channel.
- Optimize your channel’s description as well.
- Improve the production quality of your videos.
- Engage them in conversation and provide value to your audience.
- Encourage your viewers to “like,” “share,” and “comment” on your videos.
- Try a question and answer session.
- Create a series to niche down.
- Make a playlist for more relevant content.
- Go live with your videos and include CTAs.
- Hold giveaways and contests (I love running them).
- Work with brands to expand your audience.
- Respect the community guidelines always.
- Make modifications to the title, thumbnail, and other aspects of your previous videos to improve them.
These YouTube SEO methods can help you get your videos to the top of the search results! But don’t expect immediate results; achieving the degree of achievement you desire takes time. I hope that this YouTube SEO advice will help you in quickly ranking your videos on YouTube.